Become a business partnerAs a business partner with Steps With Theera you are one of our most valued assets. You can provide our trainees with work experience, internships or (even better) their dream, a paid, forever job. We’re also on hand to sell smoothies and snacks at your events, or to supply your business with lovingly prepared baked goods.
We thought that working with Steps trainees we were helping them… we were absolutely wrong. Working with Steps has helped us instead, to develop the team spirit, to feel we are part of something bigger than ourself, to be more comprehensive, find other ways to communicate, find the best of each individual and ultimately consider the obstacles as an opportunity to grow.
– Griselda Gras, El Mercado Bangkok
Your business can be a force for change
There are more than two million people registered with disabilities in Thailand. Of those who are working more than 60% are employed in agriculture, despite their wide range of talents and abilities.
Businesses are missing out on an untapped pool of potential, and individuals are missing out on their right to a dignified, fulfilling working life.
Ways to work with us
Your business can play a role in changing this. Here’s how.
- Employ our trainees in one of the following ways:
- Work experience (6 weeks, unpaid)
- Internship (3 months, unpaid but lunch and travel expenses should be covered). The goal is that this leads to paid employment for the trainee with your business.
- Sustainable part or full time paid employment.
- Stock baked goods made by our trainees, like our partners Broccoli Revolution, Patom Organic Living, and Berkeley International School.
- Support us through your CSR activities – whether its through buying us equipment so we can open more stores, or spreading the word about us, we appreciate any help with our mission. You can also hold team away days at our training centre.
Interested in finding out more about partnership with us? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you.
Still researching if this is the right step for you? You might find our list of further reading about inclusive employment helpful.
We’ve made a list of online reading about employing people with learning differences. Download it below (PDF).
Our current partners say…
“We have been very happy to work with the trainees from Steps, not only has Max herself been super professional and easy to work with, we have had the pleasure of helping her trainees grow into web designers and developers. We look forward to continually working with this amazing organisation.”
– Carl, Web Courses Bangkok
“Through our multi-level programmes, Special Olympic athletes develop physically and socially, improve their health and gaining acceptance from society. Our partnership with Steps officially started in 2017 with Steps implementing vocational training in 2 SOT member-schools. Both Steps and SOT work towards providing skill development, empowerment and opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities so that they, too, can contribute to their community. We strive to create a better world by fostering acceptance and inclusion of all people.”
– Nui, Special Olympics Thailand (SOT). SOT is member of the Special Olympics International movement and operates as National Sport organization serving children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
– Laurie, Attic Studios. Attic Studios runs art classes for adults and children aged five years and up.
“As a local support group for the parents of kids with learning challenges, we know how agonising it is for parents who worry about their child’s future and search for solutions which can deliver critical work and life skills, thereby fostering independence and dignity. Steps with Theera is truly one of a kind. And Bangkok is so much the richer for it. From the trainees, to the founders, to the staff, to the mission, they bring hope, professionalism and conviction to the dialogue surrounding special needs.Thank you for doing what you do, day in and day out, with the brightest smiles and the very best message of inclusion and respect.”
– Manuela, Learning Education Advocacy Program (LEAP) Bangkok. LEAP and Steps collaborate to share information which supports families of children with learning differences.
“I’ve been lucky enough to work with Steps With Theera since its inception. Steps has helped develop the confidence, self esteem and skills of every student and young person who has been lucky enough to access their amazing provision. Always looking to develop and be proactive in terms of cooperation and collaboration with a wide range of educational establishments, businesses, parents and students, Steps has made, and will continue to make, a positive impact in young SEN students’ lives.”
– Mike Duly, Head of Learning Support, St Andrew’s International School, Bangkok.
Find out more
Read more about us
Alongside our therapy centre we run a vocational training centre for people with disabilities and a busy cafe for our trainees to gain skills. Read more about who we are and what we do.
Our coffee shop
Our coffee shop offers wholesome, allergen-free food prepared and served by trainees from our vocational centre.